Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Tournament list evolving...



I'm now on version 4 of my tourney Eldar list. I'm feeling a bit less confident in the Eldar than the Tyranids, but that's only because I'm losing. However in losing I'm learning and in learning we grow better. There's still plenty of time.

I've dropped the Autarch at this point. She's awesome and can put a melta gun wherever I need it with that bike, but she's just too expensive at this point range (not to mention it just takes one S6 shot to kill her outright) A whole squad of Fire Dragons with an Exarch is cheaper. That's FIVE times the melta. Noah asked 'why the exarch?' Well that's all I own.

I did manage to pick up a second Falcon in the list, but at the cost of Holofields on both of them, and downgrading the Pathfinders to Rangers. I've noticed most of the lists that people have made at 1k wind up with armor. I'm having to cope with that by bringing my own and running the Fire Dragons.

My difficulty is this; I want to sculpt a list that looks a certain way. The more I see what's out there and what people are running, the more I feel forced to run a particular style list. I suppose this is the way of the Eldar. With specific roles for countering specific threats, one tends to wind up running a particular list. Here is that list now.

1 Farseer @ 140 pts - Doom ; Fortune ; Runes of Witnessing; Spirit Stones; Shuriken Pistol; Witchblade

4 Fire Dragons @ 100 pts + 1 Fire Dragon Exarch - Firepike

8 Dire Avengers @ 255 pts + 1 Dire Avenger Exarch - Bladestorm ; Avenger S-Catapult
1 Wave Serpent - TL Shuriken Catapults; TL Missile Launchers

5 Rangers @ 95 pts

1 Wraithlord @ 125 pts - Flamer x2; Wraithsword; Missile Launcher

1 Falcon @ 145 pts - Spirit Stones; Missile Launcher; TL Shuriken Catapults; Pulse Laser

1 Falcon @ 140 pts - Spirit Stones; Scatter Laser; TL Shuriken Catapults; Pulse Laser
If you have thoughts, I'd love to hear them please.

1 comment:

  1. Yea eldar are really tough to build at low points. My brother will not even play with less than 1500. They have the same problem as necrons,Tau and guard the basic troop blows and if you have to have two ouchy. http://warbozzuglug.blogspot.com/ Big Don

    ReplyDelete