Sunday, August 29, 2010
Saturday, August 28, 2010
Monday, August 23, 2010
Sunday, August 22, 2010
1. The defense laser must be silenced! 1 point for destroying, 2 points for securing.
2. Stop the Warp Bomb. 1 point if you can prevent it being delivered to it's destination, 2 points if you control it. You can carry it, but intel reports that anyone in less than power armor (3+ save) would be not protected by it's chaos warping effects.
3. 1 point for each bastion that you control.
4. You've recieved orders to bring back a Tyranid Synaptic organism for study. 1 point for having a Tyranid Primary marker. You will also get a non-primary marker for killing a tyranid HQ in hand to hand. You will get 1 point for each of these you get back to your Forward base (even if it's a ruin).
5. Killing Xylar ne'Ivis is 1 VP, Capturing him is worth 2!
Tyranid, Genestealer Cult/PDF, Chaos Objectives:
1. Defend the Bastions in the city. This means you cannot allow attackers to be in base to base even if they are in ruins. 1 point per bastion.
2. Delivering a Primary HQ marker to the hive bastion. 1 point each.
3. Having the Doomsday Device in an Active state - 1 point. If the Warp Bomb is attatched to it - 2 points.
4. Taking the Attackers' forward base: 1 point for destroying it, 2 points for capturing it intact.
5. The Tau shot down the Chaos General's ship. Twice now. 1 VP for killing the Tau commander 2 VP for capturing him so that he can be 'thanked' properly.
The revolution will be televised!
I'm all packed up, ready for the game. Hard to believe that I didn't have anything that needs to be done in the morning. Yay!
At noon tomorrow the mission objectives will be posted.
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Friday, August 20, 2010
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
"Good. Let the Voice of Redemption know we are ready to commence. Inform my ship that I'm on my way, and signal me if that Eldar craft comes any closer. It's been sitting there for two days now." The captain turned and strode away, his artificer armour making heavy footfalls upon the deck.
Monday, August 16, 2010
Saturday, August 14, 2010
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Sunday, August 8, 2010
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Monday, August 2, 2010
I like Planetstrike. I think it's my favorite of the 40k expansions so far. I haven't played in some time however, and with a big Apocalypse/Planetstrike campaign ending game coming, I felt like I needed a bit of a refresher. I thought I had the perfect recipie for a prequel campaign fight too, as my 'Forces of Disorder' general was going to be making a showing, and hopefully wanting to push some bugs for me. I only wanted to watch and coach as a rules refresher. Sadly my general didn't want to partake, so I broke out my Eldar. I also forgot to pack my camera today, so I have no visual evidence either. My Eldar opponent from last week's rematch was my opponent again this week, so we drafted 2500 point armies; he as attacker and I as defender. We did a simple Planetfall mission, 3 objectives. I simply forgot somehow that I could place some of my things in reserve, but fortunately had enough tanks to load everyone except my Autarch, Farseer Elorrah (both on bikes) and my wraithlord into one or into a Bastion. Firestorms didn't do much, both my jetbikes were hit but saved by invulnerable saves, I think two of the falcons were 'can't shoot' results. 3 Fire Prisms, 4 Vypers and 2 squads of Fire Dragons showed up first turn, and though one of the FD squads was shot down with interceptor fire, 2 of my bastions were blown up. Both my Dark Reapers and Pathfinders were inside, with both of my strategems attatched, now gone and useless. One wave serpent (Dire Avengers) got immobilized. Striking scorpions showed up too, but were misplaced landing near the wraithlord (*whistles innocently*). However the wraithlord was distracted when an Avatar was dropped from orbit right beside all 3 falcons.
It was a very fun game, and it's very late so here are the highlights...
- Banshees won the scorpion v. banshee argument. The scorpions have to be painted the next time they show up if they want a rematch. However banshee on banshee is the worst sort of fight!
- Avatars can take a crap-load of fire (took 3 wounds), but they just make Pathfinders mad, and they know kung-fu. (killed 3 of mine, but doom got his last wound in the end)
- Fuegan apparently brought a cap gun to this battle. His axe worked fine though, if a tank was already on the ground. He did take out my wraithguard early on to his credit.
- Eldrad does whatever he wants.
- Fire dragons raining from the sky are not healthy for bastions, or much else for that matter.
- Tank shock works very well for my opponent. Those watergun wielding pathfinders were sent running off board.
- Wraithsight pops up at the WORST times.
- My Dark Reaper exarch can survive a Fire prism blast, but not a shuriken catapult??
- My Autarch showed the shining spears that there were entirely too many missles in her reaper launcher.
All in all a great game! I'm hoping to get another in before the big game.
Sunday, August 1, 2010
I have an Apocalypse game coming. It's the culmination of the map based campaign I ran at our local gaming store (R.I.P.) last year. Not having a common venue has been detrimental on getting the original players back together for the last few turns and the endgame. I decided to advance things a bit and go ahead and narrate it a little so that we (perhaps just I) can have some closure on it. I even wrote a little fiction to that end. I am thinking of starting a 2nd campaign, but instead have it narrative rather than map-based. Before I can do this though, I need to have the first one out of my hair.