Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Fastest Brush in the West

 Just pulled off getting 10 figures painted in a little over 24 hours. Wow! I've never painted so fast!

I changed my list up a little and that required more Banshees. These have been in my 'to do' box for some time and I've always wanted to have a 2nd squad for my army. So I set out to to get them done. I just didn't expect to paint them so fast. I managed to paint these, play some Mordheim at the LGS and dye my hair all in that time. I'm not a fan of painting en masse normally but I'm not a big fan of these old models, and really happy to get them out of the way. I've done a little touch up and now just need to do the bases.
These were fairly easy to paint, even despite the several drybrushing layers I did. I was inspired by the look of the Army of the Dead from Lord of the Rings when trying to come up with a color scheme for my second squad of Banshees. I did several layers of progressively lighter green drybrush, then washed it with the original Dark Angels green. I wanted to keep a darker look to them.

My camera has impressed me again. I can take a photo of my work, and it shows me flaws. Slips and misses. Sad to say that they are there, but it's going to help me improve overall I think.

Now if I can paint my Sisters as fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment