Saturday, May 14, 2011
Razorwing & 100th post
I feel like this photo confirms it. If you replace the three upright vanes and the weapons then it looks like it would be no problem turning into an Eldar Nightwing. I can totally see that being on the same sprue. If not, I'll just run it 'counts as'. Sure I'll have to wait for the Eldar codex (you know it'll be in there) or play Apocalypse, but I've never been afraid of Apocalypse, and I'm eager to have some Nightwing v Valkyrie/Stormraven dogfighting. (No contest)
While doing all this, I'm pulling models that need basing done, primarily from the list I'm using in tourney in two weeks and finishing those. Basing makes SO much difference in a model. My Eldar are the first army (out of four) I've actually done a lot of detail work on the bases and I really think it makes a world of difference. I did pay attention to my Tyranids MC's bases, but the rank and file bugs were just bland. I'm REALLY happy with the Eldar results, and that's probably a blog entry for another time.
I know I've mentioned this before, but I'm loving this new camera. I actually took the 'group photos' twice. The first time I reviewed the photos I noticed some things I needed to touch up and just out and out missed (gems!). This second set showed me some flaws as well, that I have gone back and touched up since. I don't know if anyone uses this practice, but I highly recommend a photo review before calling minis "done".