Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Eldar - Family portrait


Just a quick post with the thusfar painted Iybraesil Eldar I have. Some of it still needs a little tweaking or detail work and everyone needs basing yet. Fairly sure I have the theme I want figured out. I'm a little hesitant to base the jetbike bases though. I like that they are clear and show the terrain that they are on, but I know that will count against me in the painting area of a tournament. I wanted to base them on a water themed battle board, but then they wouldn't match any table at all, save my own.
.
My concept for the army was that no one walks. The Wraithlord is the only exception but that was a really excellent trade I couldn't pass up. I painted the Jetbike Guardians in a way that allows me to divide them into 3 squads of 4 or 2 of 6, I'm still working on converting the 3rd warlock for that. This will also mean that I can make a Jetbike seer council. In keeping with the matriarchal theme of Iybraesil, I'm working on a 2nd squad of Banshees (and accompanying wave serpent). Also in the works is a Harlequin squad. I think I've finally figured out the scheme I want to paint them in. I just wound up with a squad of Fire Dragons too. They'll have to fight with the Harleys for the third Falcon. I do own a box of regular guardians, but until I get another wave serpent they'll stay right there. Not having them slow me down with their silly walking about behaviour. The only other purchase I am planning for this army right now is a Nightwing. It's such a pretty thing, and so far no one in our group has brought a flyer to our Apoc games. Instant air superiority. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment