Friday, October 1, 2010
Harlequin Commission - (not so) quick update
In the mail this week arrived some bits for my Shrikes, now they finally have heads!! A bit of paint and they'll make an appearance here. I'm really excited about my bonesword conversions.
Yesterday arrived a fun little pkg from Hoard o Bits on ebay (i LOVE that site) with my dire avenger pants and the new plastic ravener claws for my Parasite of Mortrex. The metal claws I was using were just too heavy for him and he kept toppling over. The shrikes are top heavy too since I used the old gargoyle wings on them. I may have to switch to larger flying bases or 40mm plastic ones since they're a bit larger than the small flying bases. I also wound up with a crapton of devourers that I cannot think of why I ordered them. I think I was going to put them on the shrikes originally, but wound up with enough scything talons to go around. It's fine though, I have some other projects I can use them for, like my shooty fex and i can put them on mycetic spores.
I adore some of the older Harlequin models so I'm liking this project alot. Half of my own are the older ones so it's definitely a pre-cursor to my own project. I might jump back on the bugs to get them painted before doing my own Harlequins. It's a quick and easy color scheme, and I designed it to be so since there were SOOOO many genestealers and gaunts to paint. I'm so in an Eldar mood now because I've got a very interested idea with the harlequins I want to try out, but more on that later, and only after they are painted.