Friday, January 7, 2011

1K Point Tournament List - v. 7 and Final

So with a little over a week to go I think I've decided to stick with what I've been running the last few weeks. It's almost exactly the previous one except I dropped a wave serpent in favor of a second farseer. Just didn't make sense to have an empty falcon and a serpent with 5 or 6 models in it. The list in this version has tested very well on vassal but only 2 games on actual table and those didn't go so great. In my defense though, there's only so much that can be done against a raging Bloodthirster on a 4 x 4 table.


So here is what I'm bringing.

Farseer - Stones, Witnessing, Doom, Fortune


Farseer - Stones, Spear, Warding, Guide, Fortune

Dire Avengers x 5, Exarch, 2xCats, Bladestorm

Rangers x 5, camo face paint

Fire Dragons x 5, Exarch, Firepike, Crackshot, Asbestos underpants
Falcon - Stones, Brightlance

Falcon - Stones, Missle Launcher

Wraithlord - Wraithsword, Missle Launcer, 2x Flamer
 
I did poorly vs the Daemons and will probably fare poorly vs the Tyranid player for somewhat obvious reason. The DA and Wraithlord are my only real crowd control. The meta though is calling for severe Marine vehicle armies so I'm preparing accordingly. I think I'll just try and dance around everyone since they have no shooting. Could be tough, but I'm very hopeful. Feel free to comment!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels like there's an underwhelming amount of firepower, but I believe you'll wield it like a scalpel and it will perform! I've played against you when you've run a list similar to this, and you played it astoundingly efficiently!

    If you wanted to jigger the points a bit, you could gain 37 by replacing your D.A. exarch for a regular dude. You'd be able to upgrade your underslung on the falcons and lance your Wraithlord.

    For shits and giggles, I thought I'd post my list too (I made a few last minute tweaks so that I could squeeze in RoWarding and another underslung cannon).

    1000 Pts - Eldar Roster

    1 Farseer - Ghosthelm; Rune Armour; Shuriken Pistol; Witchblade

    5 Dire Avengers - Avenger S-Catapult
    5 Dire Avengers - Avenger S-Catapult

    1 Falcon - Spirit Stones; Shuriken Cannon; Shuriken Cannon; Pulse Laser

    5 Fire Dragons - Fusion Gun
    5 Fire Dragons - Fusion Gun

    2 Fire Prism - TL Shuriken Catapults; Prism Cannon

    1 Wave Serpent - Spirit Stones; Shuriken Cannon; TL Missile Launchers

    1 Wave Serpent - Spirit Stones; Shuriken Cannon; TL Shuriken Cannons

    Total Roster Cost: 1000

    ReplyDelete