Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Project - Silver Towers of Tzeentch

Obviously my Sisters project is slow to start. Not sure why... could it be the 40+ models awaiting me to paint them all exactly the same? Could it be the stripping of some of them and starting over from bare metal? (I do hate going backwards with painting) Very possible.

Also there's that whole finding a job thing. Funny how that eats up a lot of time that would otherwise be spare.

So insert (slow) project that I've wanted to do for some time. Recently inspired by the local store having an umpteen thousand point Apocalypse battle invitational. I don't know the points, but I saw (smelled) the four 4' x 8' tables being painted. Da Machine was supposed to attend but had to take care of some things out of town, but he did loan them his army. I still don't have all the details of the battle, but apparently the super titan was involved and there was a meltdown of it. Needless to say, Chaos didn't fare too well (or so I'm told).

Da Machine let me know these tidbits about the battle and said he was finally going to build his Plague Tower, citing that this titan, however awesome, is still a LOT of points to be putting in one fully armed and operational basket. So inspired by this, I decided that my 'fun' project while doing the Sisters will be my Silver Towers. Ever since seeing the datasheet I've had an idea of what I wanted it to look like. I would prefer the Slaanesh Subjugator, (as it fits my army) but I don't have any idea where to start that project. Lots of parts needed that I don't have or can afford just yet. 

I've got the Bane Tower in my Man O War stuff and have always loved the model and concept. I once ran a D&D campaign that had a floating castle moving across the land that needed to be stopped. These both will help me along the journey. I still don't know exactly what my towers will look like, but the base will be rather distinctive I feel. I've looked around the net and while I've seen some great ideas, I've not seen mine and this pleases me. 

Photos will follow as the project gets underway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment