Friday, March 4, 2011

Sisters Project - Update

I hadn't really touched my sisters since my first post on it. I have been busy, but something never really sat right about the look of the Battle Sister I'd painted. I kept looking at it over and over, and finally thought that she needed a wash. I was trying to keep the armor bright and shiny, but using a double coat of Armour wash really had a positive effect. I also highlighted the armor back up with more mithril silver and deepened the purple with darker purple.


I was tempted to do the next one with boltgun metal, wash and then highlight with mithril silver, but I think that is still too dark for the look I'm trying to go for. I would like to be able to battle damage and such on them but being as that these models are the old metals and how they are posed this makes it difficult. I will still see what I can do with paint though.

I'm still trying to decide whether to possibly supplement my ranks with the newer models when they come out or sell this army once complete and build anew. Either way I'll be needing tanks for my army. I haven't forseen if there will be new models made for the Exorcist and Immolator or not, so I'm reluctant to buy/trade for any right now. I'm a little concerned about my two Inquisitors though. Commissar Carrie has brought up a valid point about the state of the new Grey Knight codex and that the new Sisters book will be an Ecclesiarchy only book. I like my Inquisitor models and they have distinct personalities. Especially the old man I painted years ago. He likes to hit things with his sword. My other Inquisitor brings lots of guns to her battles.
Lord Inquisitor 'Husk'

No comments:

Post a Comment